DENIAL OF SREBRENICA MASSACRE VIDEO KILLINGS COLLAPSES
BELGRADE, December 22 (FENA) – In the continuation of trial against the five members of the paramilitary unit “Scorpions” before the Special Court for War Crimes in Belgrade, the third-accused, Aleksandar Medic, said on Thursday that the members of the unit had in fact murdered the captured Bosniaks, but that he did not perpetrate in the murders personally.
The indictees are held accountable for murdering six Srebrenica Bosniaks on July 16 and 17 1995 in the vicinity of Trnovo. The indictments were raised after the monstrous video record of their crime appeared in the public.
“I did not commit a crime and I do not feel guilty”, said Aleksandar Medic in his statement. He said that the commander of “Scorpions”, Slobodan Medic, ordered the transfer of five to six Bosniak prisoners by trucks from Trnovo, but that he does not know what their destination was.
He, Pero Petrasevic and Milorad Momic were with the prisoners in the truck, while the cabin was occupied by Slobodan Davidovic and Slobodan Stojkovic, who carried the camera and recorded everything.
When they arrived at the destination, the prisoners were ordered to lie down, and then they headed to a house, said Medic, stressing that he believed the prisoners would be detained at the house.
Medic said that in following the prisoners, he got held up at a clearing and then he suddenly heard shots fired and saw a fellow soldier, who goes by “Djole Siptar”, firing at the prisoners, while Petrasevic and Branislav Medic had their rifles pointed at those people.
“I was in shock, I froze”, said the suspect, adding that he did not fire and that his gun was turn in the air. He then accused his fellow soldier Momic of murdering the remaining two prisoners who went to bury the bodies. Medic claims this part of the crime was not recorded on the notorious video tape.
When they returned to Trnovo, said Medic, Petrasevic reported to the “Scorpions” commander and said that the order had been carried out and that the “packages” had been terminated.
Apart from Medic, members of the “Scorpions” Slobodan and Branislav Medic, Pero Petrasevic and Aleksandar Vukov, as well as the unknown members of the formation known as “Misa Turcin”, “Bobo” and “Djole Siptar” are also held accountable for the crime committed in the vicinity of Trnovo.
The procedure has been separated against the “Scorpions” stated in the indictment, Milorad Momic who is at large, and Slobodan Davidovic, who is currently tried before the Municipal Court in Zagreb for the crime near Trnovo, as well as for the maltreatment of Croatian prisoners at Bobota in October 1991, Hina reports.
Following the exhumation of bodies of six Bosniak victims, the DNA analysis identified them as Azmir Alispahic (17), Safet Fejzic (17), and Sadik Saltic (36), while the families recognized Smail Ibrahimovic and Fadil Salkic, although the identity of the last victim remains unknown.
The trial resumes on Friday.http://www.fena.ba/uk/vijest.html?fena_id=FSA334368&rubrika=ES
keywords: Srebrenica, Srebrenica Genocide, Srebrenica Genocide Denial, Genocide Denial, Srebrenica Video, Srebrenica Massacre, Bosniaks, Bosnian Muslims, Bosniacs, Scorpions, Belgrade Trial