Home > srebrenica massacre > WE WILL NEVER FORGET AND WE WILL NEVER FORGIVE

WE WILL NEVER FORGET AND WE WILL NEVER FORGIVE

March 31, 2008
[Off-topic: Our response to discredited Srebrenica genocide denier Stefan Karganovic (Stephen Karganovic) regarding the title of this article can be found at this link.]

GRIM ANNIVERSARY: FIVE YEARS SINCE THE FIRST SREBRENICA GENOCIDE VICTIMS WERE BURIED IN POTOCARI


Tuzla, in northeast Bosnia-Hercegovina, has become the temporary resting home for thousands of Srebrenica Genocide victims. According to the British Medical Journal, between 5000 and 6000 unidentified bodies are contained in more than 12,000 body bags of human remains that are currently stored in giant refrigerators, hospital morgues, and a disused salt mine.

The first victims of the genocide in Srebrenica were buried at the Srebrenica Genocide Memorial and Cemetery in Potocari five years ago today. 600 victims were buried on March 31, 2003. Since then a further 2,907 people have been buried.

The international community will continue to support the process of exhumation and identification of the mortal remains so that the families of the victims can bury their loved ones with dignity, OHR/EUSR said.

“Our thoughts are again with all those who have lost family members in the genocide at Srebrenica. Without justice there can be no reconciliation”, said High Representative and EU Special Representative Miroslav Lajcak today. “OHR is committed to supporting a more effective strategy for conducting investigations and trials of war crimes through a national war crimes strategy, and I have confirmed my full support to the ICTY.”

Truckloads of Victims Thrown into Drina River

Construction workers recently discovered a mass grave near village Klotijevac, Srebrenica, in which 15 bodies were found. These are Bosniaks from this area whose bodies were taken from the Drina River by villagers from Klotijevac and buried.

Amor Masovic, the President for the Commission on Missing Persons in Bosnia and Herzegovina, said that the Srebrenica exhumations will not continue until the Council of Ministers of Bosnia-Herzegovina adopts a rulebook about the budget spending. The exception is mass grave in Klotijevac, which will be financed from the last-year’s budget.

If the budget is adopted soon, then exhumations of other Srebrenica Genocide mass graves could continue as early as April.

  1. Taras
    April 7, 2008 at 3:42 pm

    How terrible it is to have loved ones and relatives who were brutally killed 13 years ago and haven’t been buried yet.

  1. No trackbacks yet.
Comments are closed.
%d bloggers like this: